Site Reliability Engineer
New York, New York
If you have a passion for travel & hospitality, you’ve come to the right place! Domio is a technology platform focused on the travel sector, encompassing real estate, hospitality, and design with an emphasis on social connections. Delighting our customers is in our DNA and we’re upping the ante on group travel with curated, end-to-end consumer experiences. We’re all about the hustle AND having fun. The Domio culture embraces innovative, bright, and talented professionals eager to make their mark on these ever-changing industries. Excited yet? Keep on reading.
What We're Looking For:
Domio's focus is to provide our guests with an incredible experience in dynamic locations powered by world class engineering and data science.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will help develop the underlying infrastructure, establish engineering patterns, and define processes for future engineers to use. You will have a lot of autonomy and influence on the technical direction and the ability to work on greenfield projects.
At Domio You Will:
- Support our expansive growth and future projects by developing the underlying infrastructure, establishing engineering patterns, and defining processes for future engineers to use
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
Who You Are:
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years industry experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins
- Understanding of open source server software such as Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch, Jetty
- Knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems, and content delivery networks
- Excellent engineering background, ideally experienced with large scale data/distributed systems
- Consistent record of shipping high-quality features
- Ability and desire to work with a team and mentor junior engineers
- Python / Flask
- Google Cloud Platform
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more
• Unlimited vacation and flexible work-from-home policy
• Travel discount when booking Domio properties
• Learning & education budget, free books, and classes
• Fitness stipend
• Catered lunches every Friday
• Team bonding and offsite events
• Dog-friendly office
Domio is an equal opportunity employer!