Medical Affairs Communications Specialist
Field Based /
Biotech – Medical Affairs /
Ciao! At Dompé, our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
YOUR ROLE AT DOMPÉ: MEDICAL AFFAIRS COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Medical Communications and Operations, the Medical Affairs Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing both short- and long-term department projects from start to finish in alignment with Medical Affairs goals and initiatives across therapeutic areas.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Oversee and develop medical content and ensure alignment to the product/disease scientific platform and work to incorporate feedback from the cross-functional review and team approval. To include slide decks, advisory boards slides/surveys, internal and external trainings across therapeutic areas.
- Manage medical affairs projects to ensure strategic focus and timely execution of deliverables across therapeutic areas.
- Provide support to team members, quickly identifying resolutions to issues, and developing communication plans to engage key stakeholders and increase program-related communication across the organization.
- Optimize achievement of overarching program strategy, including identifying process improvements, instituting best practices, supporting development of tools, templates, and reports, and implementing feedback from team members.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest scientific and clinical data in the relevant therapeutic areas, and communicate with key internal stakeholders
- Conduct literature reviews and write publication summaries to keep business stakeholders up to date on recent evidence.
- Lead cross-functional meetings, including the creation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, and drive completion of action items.
- Project management of specific medical plan deliverables, including coordinating scope development, logistics and vendor management, and coordinating logistics and content development for advisory events and trainings, as applicable.
- Manage internal approval processes that include regulatory, compliance and medical to execute projects initiated by medical affairs in MLR.
- Coordination of congress related activities including development of medical booth content and renderings pre and post launch.
- Assist with the development and execution of the strategic publication plan and ensure compliance with good publication practices.
- Leveraging of new technologies and digital solutions to achieve medical launch readiness
RELATIONSHIPS WITH AREAS INTERNAL TO THE COMPANY
- US Medical Affairs
- Global Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Affairs
- Clinical Development
- Drug Safety
- Legal, Ethics and Compliance
RELATIONSHIPS WITH BODIES/COMPANIES EXTERNAL TO THE COMPANY
- Key opinion leaders (KOLs)
- HCPs and Allied Health Professionals
- Patient advocacy groups (specifically ADA and JDRF)
- Medical Affairs Vendors and Agencies
- National & Regional Societies
YOU COULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- M.S. or an advanced degree in life sciences (MD, DO, DNP, PharmD, PhD or clinically relevant degree) in a scientific discipline preferred
- Clinical expertise in Cancer Related Symptoms (Cancer Related Fatigue) and/or Pain (Chronic Lower Back Pain)
- Minimum 1-2 years project management experience on cross-functional projects in a pharmaceutical environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in Medical Communications or Medical Information at the pharmaceutical or agency level, ideally with some focus on publication planning and medical writing.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: TECHNICAL
- Experience with new product launches preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in medical affairs
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of scientific data in way where the most important points are understood
- Proactive, self-motivated, and aware of larger business needs/implications.
- Excellent prioritization, project management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork by actively participating in and supporting an environment that cultivates professional growth and organizational effectiveness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as both a team leader and as a subject matter expert in a team setting.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate business processes and solutions in person and over the phone.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: PERSONAL
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
- This position is field based
- Overnight travel by plane and by car is required approximately 20% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.