Patient Access Manager
Field Based /
Biotech – Patient Services /
Ciao! At Dompé, our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
YOUR ROLE AT DOMPÉ
The Patient Access Manager reports to the Senior Product Manager of Market Access and will be a key member of a newly developed US organization supporting the company’s efforts related to cenegermin eye drops, which are based on rhNGF (recombinant human nerve growth factor).
Approved in August 2018, OxervateTM eye drops (cenegermin-bkbj ophthalmic solution) is the first- ever topical biologic medication approved in ophthalmology and the first treatment indicated for neurotrophic keratitis (NK), a rare and progressive eye disease that can lead to corneal scarring and visual loss. Oxervate is also the first-ever application of a human nerve growth factor (NGF) as drug or treatment.
The Patient Access Manager (PAM) will be responsible for supporting and maintaining patient support services that maximize access to our product for patients to whom it has been prescribed. The PAM will identify access barriers and propose strategies to address patient access needs. The PAM will manage to specific service level and contribute to managing the performance of the team. The PAM will also be a member of the field leadership team by playing a customer-facing role and work closely with our Key Account Managers to support the needs of physicians and their patients in the
field. The PAM will work with the team to identify, design, and roll out patient access materials as needed.
The PAM will have an opportunity to collaborate with global stakeholders, influence future growth shape the culture of Dompé US.
The Patient Access Manager will be accountable for abiding by the core values of our Dompé culture, which are Integrity, Speed, Knowledge, Passion, Attention to Detail, Reliability, Flexibility and Teamwork. Individuals must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, and adaptable to new situations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute patient customer programs including helping to identify and resolve issues with insurance, the specialty pharmacy, and patient support programs
- Work closely with the Specialty Pharmacy, Key Account Managers (KAMs), and the patient/family to help case manage all steps required to gain access to therapy
- Maintain and update patient status to track reimbursement and shipping status of U.S. patients. Will be the primary point of contact for KAMs and patient access questions/issues
- Report on weekly changes in patient status, current adjudication status of all patients, overall reimbursement trends, and any other trends, successes, or roadblocks. Suggest and execute appropriate / compliant action
- Manage the reimbursement process by partnering with the Specialty Pharmacy to triage, troubleshoot and resolve initial and ongoing reimbursement issues (PAs, denials, appeals, reauthorizations, overrides, billing problems)
- Liaise with medical offices as necessary to obtain insurance authorizations and answer questions as appropriate
- Engage with Market Access team, Key Account Managers (KAMs) and Regional Directors (RDs) to ensure current and accurate communication on the status of insurance approvals and reauthorizations
- Identify, create and execute needed training to the broader team (KAMs, Specialty Pharmacy, etc.)
- Occasionally attend patient meetings, industry conferences and sales meetings
- Some limited travel will be required to medical offices
- Partner with Safety and Pharmacovigilance and report adverse events and product complaints through medical information
BUILDING INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: WHO THE PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER WORKS WITH WITHIN DOMPÉ
- Medical Affairs
BUILDING EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: WHO THE PATIENT ACCESS MANAGER WORKS WITH OUTSIDE OF DOMPÉ
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Dompé Patient Hub Vendor
- Patients / Caregivers
- MD Offices / HCPs
YOU COULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree or experience in the Healthcare field required
- 3-5 years of biopharmaceutical experience; 1-2 years of managed care, reimbursement, channel management, and customer facing experience
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: TECHNICAL
- Strong track record of success in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry; experience in new product launches, with biologics, and with pharmacy benefit products
- Experience in “start-up” environments and prior work with ophthalmology or rare/ orphan disease products
- Ability to manage a case load independently and exercise confidentially and good judgment when interacting with patients and related constituents
- Experience working closely with field organizations to implement programs to support physicians and their patients
- Strong project management skills
- Ophthalmology experience and relationships in anterior segment therapeutic area, in both private clinic and hospital/academic setting
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced environment, who is able to effectively prioritize, balance multiple priorities, and work independently
- Exceptional clinical acumen with the proven ability to excel in a scientifically complex and stimulating environment
- Keeps current and develops deeper and broader experience in own functional area
- Demonstration of successful working relationships with external stakeholders: physicians, patient advocacy groups
- Is open to and actively solicits feedback on performance and skill development needs
- Demonstrates appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among peers
- Experience in managing vendors
- Understanding of U.S. biopharmaceutical Regulatory/Legal review process and Compliance landscape
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external groups, customers, and key stakeholders
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: PERSONAL
- Technical & Business Expertise
- Achieving Results
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Decision Making
- Leading Innovation & Change
- Individual will be field based
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
- This position is field based. We have multiple openings supporting our east, central and west regions
- Overnight travel by plane and by car is required including some weekends to attend medical conferences, customer and vendor meetings, and other meetings as required, both domestically and internationally. Approximately 25% travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.