Senior Product Designer
Remote Friendly /
Product & Design /
At Donut we are on a mission to create more trusting, collaborative, and successful work relationships. We believe genuine relationships are the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work.
Donut came together over a shared passion to help people connect, and the insight that strong relationships at work are the bedrock of a successful team. Employees who feel socially connected to their coworkers express greater individual purpose and fulfillment, less workplace loneliness and isolation, and improved performance and productivity. We are building a company that embodies those ideals while instilling them in others.
How We Work
Our Product team is a small but mighty duo dedicated to unlocking the power of human connection at work. We build new features together in two week sprints. Everyone contributes to roadmap planning, product ideation, design, and user research. Our core hours are 11am - 6pm ET.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer with an affinity for product management and user research to join us during this exciting time of growth and expansion. As part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the success of our company through helping to shape our culture while building products that touch thousands of companies around the world.
What You'll Do
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for new features.
- Independently define the goals of research projects and confidently run research and testing projects
- Conduct user testing throughout the design cycle and solicit feedback from the rest of the Donut team.
- Continuously collaborate with other Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineering and Customer Experience to design delightful experiences that our customers love
- Iterate on and drive the product development and design process for your team — from problem definition to design implementation.
- Help to break a larger vision into discrete projects that guide your team’s execution approach.
- Work with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Track the success of the product features that we launch and know how to iterate based on metrics and customer feedback
- Inspire and support your team to build products and impact the business
- Experienced Product Designer. You have at least 4 years of experience as a Product Designer with a track record of designing and shipping successful products in a software development setting. Experience in the SaaS space is a plus. Your user is always at the center of your work and you care deeply about their experience. You enjoy simplifying complex concepts and can turn them into in-depth user flows and wireframes reflecting a range of options. You have a strong understanding of fundamental UI conventions and best practices.
- Affinity for Product Management. You think about beautiful, simple, and enjoyable user experiences. You see the benefits of roadmaps, voicing your opinion about product decisions, and pitch in on the day-to-day tasks of developing product — sprint planning, backlog grooming, etc. — for your team.
- Subject Matter Expert. You can apply your curiosity and growth mindset to become an expert on a topic. You can evaluate market trends, seek out user feedback, and analyze data to understand the current state and near future of our problem space.
- Empathetic Collaborator. You can partner with functions across the entire company to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Skilled Communicator and Storyteller. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can convey a compelling story around the work you do and how it relates to the broader company vision.
- Software Development Understanding. You have a general sense of how realistic and achievable your design decision are to implement.
Benefits (full-time US employees)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 company holidays
- Paid family leave
- Monitor stipend
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefit
Donut has made millions of connections and is used by over 12,000 companies. Donut has raised $12M in venture-funding from investors including Accel, Bloomberg Beta, FirstMark, and Slack Fund: https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/29/donut-watercooler/
Donut is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.