Senior Software Engineer
At Donut we believe people should be engaged and happy at work, and we are building tools to help every company make that a reality. Donut allows managers, HR, and company leaders to easily and effectively take advantage of the best practices recommended by the likes of Google, Deloitte, and HBR. We believe HR technology has failed to keep pace with our understanding of how to motivate, engage, and retain the talented people who make every company successful. Donut is already being used by amazing companies that realize the importance of empathy and connection at work, like IBM, Slack, Buffer, InVision, and NASA.
Donut’s founders came together over a shared passion for great company culture and a desire to make work great for everyone — and we are building a company that embodies these ideals while also instilling them in others. We started by building Slack bots to transform the way companies build their culture — including new-employee onboarding and the building of connections within organizations.
- Join a small collaborative startup team
- Make significant contributions to every aspect of the product and business
- Work on all sides of the technical stack
- Work closely with Slack, and help build one of the most prominent bots in their growing ecosystem
- Develop product features end to end
- Solve technical problems in collaboration with other engineers on the team
- Prioritize tasks within your project, including knowing when to seek help
- Help Donut grow in every way you can
- You have experience building web applications, preferably in a professional environment.
- You're comfortable with functional or imperative programming languages — e.g. Ruby, Python, Go, C++, or Java.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You can participate in technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You possess strong computer-science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You are eager to learn and make an impact.
Donut is venture-backed, including investment from Slack: https://venturebeat.com/2017/01/04/slack-invests-in-11-bot-startups-to-seed-its-platform
Donut is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.