Director of Engineering
New York or remote within the US /
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our technology group and contribute to our product development. This is a very hands-on role and a unique opportunity to lead and shape the Engineering team. You will report directly to the CEO and sit on the management team. You’ll also support internal stakeholders throughout the business and work cross-functionally with Product, Stylists, Marketing and Operations.
Please note that this role can be based in New York, NY or remote with the US.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the architecture and implementation of the Dopple platform using best practices and taking data-driven decisions. We strive for a lean and straightforward architecture.
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines.
- Build and mentor the Engineering team, from interns to Senior Engineers. Help develop their careers, and ensure they are working on projects which engage, challenge and keep them excited to work at Dopple every day.
- Maintain and share the product roadmap and technological vision. Work closely with the leadership to define the company’s biggest priorities and problems.
The ideal candidate will exceed the following requirements:
- 7+ years relevant professional experience, some of which include working with Internet-based products and/or venture-funded start-ups.
- Prior management experience on product-focused teams, and you understand how important career growth and mentorship is to Engineers.
- Enjoy partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Deep and current understanding of web technologies, preferable with a focus in our own stack of Python/Django and Typescript/React.
- Must be comfortable in dynamic and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
Dopple is reimagining kids’ retail, creating the most joyful shopping experience for parents! We are the premier children's clothing subscription service, offering the world's coolest kids styles in a convenient try-on-at-home model. Parents simply tell Dopple what they want and need via a short quiz and Dopple does the rest, curating a unique “Drop” of the coolest kids’ clothing and accessories selected for each customer’s budget, style and size.
Our team is passionate about leveraging data, customer feedback and our incredible selection of the world’s best childrenswear brands to curate and deliver personalized styles at amazing prices.
We are a close-knit team of hardworking, creative builders and problem solvers in San Francisco, California; New York, NY; North Bergen, New Jersey and distributed around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.