Software Engineering Intern
New York or remote within the US /
About this role:
We are seeking an exceptional engineering intern to help us build the most joyful and fun shopping experience for parents. This is an incredible opportunity to join our lean Product team -- we build and ship at great speed, and you will play a crucial role in helping us improve and implement our processes, customer interactions and data analysis.
You will learn best practices and agile software development and how to deliver high quality products while working and communicating in a fast-paced team environment.
Please note that this role can be based in New York, NY or remote within the US.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist on the design and implementation of new and existing features for our unique e-commerce platform
- Contribute on the implementation of our internal tools that drive the entire business flows from operations to business intelligence
- Work closely with the design and product teams to deliver top of the line visual experiences to increase customer retention and attract new ones
- Integrate and visualize custom build data queries provided by our data scientists into our platform
- Participate in code reviews and QA of other team member's contribution
The ideal candidate will exceed the following requirements:
- Programming experience, including a basic knowledge of key CS concepts (basic data structures, memory management, basic algorithms)
- Experience with Python (preferred Django or any other web framework experience as well)
- Some basic knowledge of databases and the SQL language
- Experience with distributed version control systems, specially Git, is a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience with TDD and DDD is a big plus
Dopple is reimagining kids’ retail, creating the most joyful shopping experience for parents! We are the premier children's clothing subscription service, offering the world's coolest kids styles in a convenient try-on-at-home model. Parents simply tell Dopple what they want and need via a short quiz and Dopple does the rest, curating a unique “Drop” of the coolest kids’ clothing and accessories selected for each customer’s budget, style and size.
Our team is passionate about leveraging data, customer feedback and our incredible selection of the world’s best childrenswear brands to curate and deliver personalized styles at amazing prices.
We are a close-knit team of hardworking, creative builders and problem solvers in San Francisco, California; New York, NY; North Bergen, New Jersey and distributed around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.