Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ecosystem)
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
2022 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 22,500 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work on, and own, community-driven projects at Doppler. You will be designing and building services, tools, and libraries for our community of developers while promoting secure engineering practices in a fast-paced development environment. Projects range across the stack, from owning and improving our Kubernetes Operator in Go, working with partners on complex integrations to our Typescript/React codebase, to expanding our CLI. Beyond the technical requirements, we love working with engineers who care about the user experiences they create. Part of what makes Doppler loved is its simplicity and intuitiveness, we hope you can help carry that torch.
What you bring to the table
- Experience working on and/or maintaining OSS projects.
- Building backend services, using several languages and frameworks (some tools we use include Go, Typescript, Node/Express, React)
- Worked with Docker and CI/CD flows
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- History of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking or organizing.
- A mindset for long-term solutions.
- A love for your craft with a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
- Experience working with external partners on complex integrations.
- Managed a Kubernetes cluster
- Managed a large-scale monolith server
- Worked on any encryption as a service products
- Experience building resilient, scalable services.
- Enjoys helping grow development teams and making others better.
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
For a full list of our benefits check our Perks Notion Page.
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!