Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
2021 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 15,000 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
What you’ll do
Doppler is growing! We’re looking for someone exceptional, as our first SRE, to help define how we continue to meet, and exceed, the scaling demands of our product and team. The person in this role should be someone who’s passionate about creating, and owning, the vision around how we deliver software securely, efficiently, and consistently. This first SRE will be incredibly impactful in setting us up for success as we continue to grow.
In the Role, You Will...
- Design, implement, scale, and operate a security-first infrastructure platform for delivering Doppler
- Define our monitoring, alerting, and operations strategy for today, and more importantly, where we’re heading
- Design, build, and optimize CI/CD pipelines and other internal tools that help our team delivery quickly and safely
- Harden our network through intrusion detection controls and environment auditability
- Constantly consider “how do I automate this?”
- Identify performance bottlenecks, setup a toolchain to spot issues in our software before it reaches customers, and determining the root cause of incidents
- Refine, lead, and manage the incident response process of Doppler’s engineering teams
What you bring to the table
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Architecting security-first distributed infrastructure for a tier-zero devtool.
- Working with, and prioritizing, critical customer-facing issues in time sensitive situations.
- Coordination and leadership skills to direct a team of engineers through incidents.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior role
- Strong security background and knowledge.
- Strong experience-backed opinions on architecture.
- Passionate about technically leading and mentoring others.
- Has no problem saying “I don’t know”.
Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
Commuter & Ride Share
Learning and Development Stipend
Pregnancy & Family Leave
Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!