Senior Developer Advocate
San Francisco, CA /
Marketing – Marketing /
We believe every company and its customers deserve great security. We strive to build tools that not only increase security but also empower teams to be more productive, which will help makes the internet a more secure place. We want you to have the career of your life. We invest in and support curious, mission-minded people who are committed to solving some of the toughest developer problems.
You’ll be joining an exceptionally lean, supportive, and fast moving team of self starter individuals, where being a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious endeavors allows you to carve out your own significant contribution efforts. Plus, we are backed by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs.
Doppler is growing and we encourage you to apply if you’re excited in joining us with prominent skin in the game as a critical hire of this exciting, enduring journey. If your experiences don’t exactly align with the job description, don’t fret — we are always open to applications that don’t perfectly match. Feel free to attach a note and let us know what makes you stand out, and what made you decide to take the non-traditional path.
We're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to help curate and attract developer mind-share for Doppler. You'll be spearheading the team that is the voice of and force behind Doppler’s Developer Community. As an experienced developer, product thinker, writer and community leader, you'll reach out and help engineers successfully understand where Doppler is most angled to help. All the while nurturing them to take full advantage of world-class best practices around secrets, a growing technical knowledge base on security, and a more conscious mindset of the next generation of engineers.
- Promote adoption of Doppler products among developers
- Help to drive strategy for deep evangelization into other communities of developers
- Make strategic contributions to expand evangelism across developer communities.
- Establish yourself as the leader of Doppler’s initiatives inside of various open source communities, namely Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, GCP, and Serverless.
- Create and Contribute to articles, product & best practice guides, application architecture references, and code.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on critical technical and product alignment.
- Advocate for developers, both internally and externally.
- Provide feedback on real-world pain points in the developer journey as businesses scale in size.
WHAT WE VALUE
- 3+ years of combined experience in either application and/or data cluster or microservice architecture, performance and high availability management, or performance optimization of operational data-layer and/or back-end data science
- 3+ years of Open Source Code Compilation, Debugging and Customization
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing of articles, solution references, documentation, slide presentations, technical scripts and/or tutorials
- Excellent public speaking skills with 3+ years experience presenting to technical audiences
- A personal posture towards active diplomacy; constantly looking to seize opportunities which align developers and Doppler’s products, for mutual benefit
- Comfortable with fluctuating ambiguity and scrappiness; ready to apply prior experience, clarify and set expectations on-the-fly
- Willing to travel 15% and work from remote locations when necessary
- Docker, Linux, Mac, and/or Windows Shell scripting
- Code compilation and deployment with mature CI/CD knowledge around automation processes
- Cloud: GCP, AWS and/or Azure
- Orchestration: Kubernetes, Terraform
- Education and/or career experience involves some degree of non-CS discipline
- Active participation in Open Source communities
- Active on Stack Overflow
- Knowledge of DevOps workflows and active in-person communities Leadership experience within a volunteer organization
- Leadership in open source software project(s) with 10+ other contributors
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tell us in your cover letter what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Doppler - we do love a good story.
Doppler is proud to be an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.