Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco or Remote /
Marketing – Marketing /
2021 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 15,000 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a stellar product marketer candidate who can drive the Go-To-Market strategy and cross-company core messaging through focusing on the developer experience. In the role, you will be responsible for creating compelling thought leadership themes, content, and messaging that position the value of Doppler as we grow the category of Developer Tools: SecretOps.
In this role, you’ll
- Create Compelling Messaging:
- Develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates Doppler’s product and features into benefits that resonate with developers in every stage of the journey.
- Exhibiting thought leadership and storytelling will be a key part of the role.
- Research and Develop:
- Synthesize market trends, customer requirements, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of Doppler differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings.
- You will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning, which will be used cross-functionally for product roadmap prioritization and growth acquisition strategies.
- Plan and Execute:
- Collaborate with our Product, Devrel and Sales teams to create the tactical GTM plan that communicates the value of the Doppler SecretOps platform to multiple audiences.
- Supporting product launches and scaling adoption.
- Engage directly with all potential users to categorically define the secrets management space through educational content and influential, opinionated stances.
- Drive awareness and desire of the Doppler offering through content marketing and social media.
- Define and Measure:
- Share market and user analysis with our Marketing team to help inform the GTM strategy and roadmap.
- Evaluate the ROI of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement.
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of product marketing experience to Developers and/or DevOps
- Experience with B2B Enterprise and Product-led marketing initiatives, ideally in the developer tools space
- Exceptional writing experience that can be applied to product announcements, blog posts, case studies, white papers, press releases, webinars, advertising copy, and landing pages
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in technical environments (product and engineering)
- Subject matter expertise in building software-as-a-service applications
- Influential status within the developer community, especially on social media
- Proven track record of creating new market categories
Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
Commuter & Ride Share
Learning and Development Stipend
Pregnancy & Family Leave
Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!