Sr. Technical Content Marketer/Editor
San Francisco or Remote /
Marketing – Marketing /
2022 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 22,500 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
Content Marketing plays a role in driving content clarity, consistency, and strategy. This means working with various teams within Doppler to create and refine content that meets messaging goals and adheres to the Doppler style.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate writer to help the Marketing team drive awareness and adoption of DevSecOps practices and of Doppler’s products. You will play an important role in our emerging content engine, creating and editing unique and compelling stories via blog posts, videos, web copy, and more. The goal of the content will be to educate, empower, and encourage developers to understand the DevSecOps approach; provide guidance on how to keep secrets and application configuration secure; and motivate developers and DevOps teams to implement a secrets strategy.
As a Content Marketing Writer/Editor at Doppler:
You will create and edit engaging content that delivers on a content plan you’ve helped define.
You'll spend your time:
- Creating and editing content in a variety of different media, such as blog posts, social copy, videos, cheatsheets, whitepapers, webpages and more, particularly around developer, security topics, and best practices.
- Helping maintain the blog, including writing and editing, staging and publishing, curation and cadence, analytics, and metrics.
- Using a docs-as-code approach for documentation version control, authoring, review, and collaboration
- Tracking content analytics and engagement metrics.
- Maintaining, enforcing, and promoting the style guide.
- Creating, enhancing, and documenting new processes to make the content machine run more efficiently.
- Working with Design and other teams to deliver content.
- Working closely together with our partners, customers, external advocates, internal development, product, marketing teams, and any other team that creates content.
Who you are:
- You write and edit polished, engaging, content for developers and other practitioners
- Have the ability to learn about complex technical topics and explain them clearly
- Have experience reviewing and editing other people’s writing and providing constructive, collaborative, supportive feedback that stokes future interest in writing
- Pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing
- Strong understanding of on-page SEO principles
Why this role is exciting:
- Continuous professional development, product training, career pathing
- We have a super-engaged developer community that you'll be creating content for
- We have supportive partners that love to co-author content
- We're scaling really quickly – your work will reach a large and growing audience
We'd especially love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of experience writing or editing technical marketing content
- experience running a blog (bonus points for a technical blog)
- experience with developer, DevOps, DevSecOps, or security content creation
- experience with SaaS/cloud native content
- knowledge of HTML
- experience working with and/or maintaining writing style guides
where we are, and where you'll be:
- We are remote first-first, with an office in downtown San Francisco. This position can be hired anywhere in the United States.
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
For a full list of our benefits check our Perks Notion Page.
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!