Senior Growth Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
2022 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 22,500 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
We are looking for a Senior Growth Engineer who will own projects from their inception, that move the needle for revenue, growth, retention, and engagement. What you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Doppler’s business and trajectory.
You’ll ask questions like “how can we guide and improve the experience of an onboarding developer?”, run experiments, and measure the results to help push Doppler in the right direction. You’ll own instrumenting, implementing, analyzing, and productionizing these efforts.
You’ll get a chance to work throughout our stack using Typescript, React, and Express along with BI/Analytics tools. This role will be our first Growth Engineer – you’ll have a significant impact on the direction of Growth Engineering at Doppler.
What you'll be doing
- Use data to understand our customer's needs, areas of opportunity, and build projects that drive revenue, growth, retention, and engagement.
- Work with Product/Marketing/Sales teams to understand and define growth initiatives, while working with the rest of Engineering to design and implement experiments.
- Partner with our Growth Product Manager to improve and optimize our onboarding experience across multiple customer types.
- Rapidly design, build, and experiment through things like A/B testing, cohort analysis, etc.
- 4+ years of experience working in a full-stack engineering role.
- 1+ years on a Growth-oriented engineering team.
- Experience with Typescript, React, and Express.
- Familiarity with DevTools and how developers use products.
- A love for your craft with a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
- Understand security best practices for web applications and internal systems.
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
For a full list of our benefits check our Perks Notion Page.
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!