Senior DevSecOps Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
We are helping make developers around the world more productive while also improving their security. We strive to be in every developer's toolkit and want you to have the career of your life while helping us get there. We invest in and support curious, mission-minded people who are committed to solving some of the toughest developer problems.
You’ll be joining an exceptionally lean, supportive, and fast moving team of self starter individuals, where being a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious endeavors allows you to carve out your own significant contribution efforts. Plus, we are backed by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs.
Doppler is growing fast and we encourage you to apply if you’re excited in joining us with prominent skin in the game as a critical hire of this exciting, enduring journey. If your experiences don’t exactly align with the job description, don’t fret — we are always open to applications that don’t perfectly match. Feel free to attach a note and let us know what makes you stand out, and what made you decide to take the non-traditional path.
We are looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer with deep experience in securing cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes clusters, large web applications, and encrypting secure data both in transit and at rest. You will lead security initiatives and advise technical projects across the company.
- Secured containerized applications running on Docker
- Created Kubernetes clusters firewalled from the internet
- Created bastion hosts used for deploying to locked down infrastructure
- Created RBAC policies in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience on a security engineering team, ideally as a technical lead.
- Have secured public cloud deployments for infrastructure and applications running on the public cloud: GCP, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Understanding of Linux systems primitives, and employing them in a security context.
- A history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing.
- Creativity and flexibility. Problem-solving is more than a catch phrase for you. You approach new and novel challenges wondering how to make it work rather than how to shut it down, and seek multiple opinions and approaches when tackling difficult problems.
- Have set up and/or ran a bug bounty program.
- Performed application penetration testing using all resources at your disposal, especially source code.
- Managed a large scale monolith server.
- Worked on an encryption-as-a-service product.
- Experience building resilient, scalable services.
- Enjoys helping growing development teams and making others better.
- Secured a multi-tenant web application.
- Experience triaging and resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer.
- Patched and remediated vulnerabilities at the systems level.
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation Bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Genuine Friendships
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tell us in your cover letter what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Doppler - we do love a good story.
Doppler is proud to be an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.