Senior Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
We are helping make developers around the world more productive while also improving their security. We strive to be in every developer's toolkit and want you to have the career of your life while helping us get there. We invest in and support curious, mission-minded people who are committed to solving some of the toughest developer problems.
You’ll be joining an exceptionally lean, supportive, and fast moving team of self starter individuals, where being a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious endeavors allows you to carve out your own significant contribution efforts. Plus, we are backed by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs.
Doppler is growing fast and we encourage you to apply if you’re excited in joining us with prominent skin in the game as a critical hire of this exciting, enduring journey. If your experiences don’t exactly align with the job description, don’t fret — we are always open to applications that don’t perfectly match. Feel free to attach a note and let us know what makes you stand out, and what made you decide to take the non-traditional path.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who can own projects from its inception, starting with nothing more than an idea. You will be designing both frontend and backend architectures, while promoting secure engineering practices in a fast-paced development environment. Typically these projects range across the stack, from architecting our React frontend, to extending functionality within our secrets engine that manages highly sensitive data. Beyond the technical requirements, we love working with engineers who care about the user experiences they create. Part of what makes Doppler loved is its simplicity and intuitiveness, we hope you can help carry that torch.
- History of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (some tools we use include Go, Node.js/Express, UNIX commands, Python, Ruby)
- Worked with Docker and CI/CD flows
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming principles and fluency in at least one Object Oriented language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres)
- Experience with the Express framework, or the desire to learn it quickly
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- A love for your craft with a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
- Managed a Kubernetes cluster
- Managed a large scale monolith server
- Designed large scale React apps
- Managed the GraphQL engine
- Worked on any encryption as a service products
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- Enjoys helping growing development teams and making others better
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation Bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Genuine Friendships
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Tell us in your cover letter what you're really interested in building and why you want to build it at Doppler - we do love a good story.
Doppler is proud to be an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.