Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
2021 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 10,000 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from Google Ventures and Sequoia. This year we are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the universal secrets platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who can own projects from their inception, starting with nothing more than an idea. You will be designing both frontend and backend architectures, while promoting secure engineering practices in a fast-paced development environment. Typically these projects range across the stack, from architecting our React frontend, to extending functionality within our secrets engine that manages highly sensitive data. Beyond the technical requirements, we love working with engineers who care about the user experiences they create. Part of what makes Doppler loved by its users is Doppler's simplicity and intuitiveness, and we hope you can help carry that torch.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building backend web services (we use Go/Node.js/Express)
- 5+ years of experience debugging, optimizing and identifying failure modes in large-scale web applications
- Experience using Docker and CI/CD flows
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres)
- Experience with designing REST API's
- Experience working on an encryption as a service solution
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- Experience defining SLOs and implementing monitoring, alerting, and runbooks
- Managed a large scale monolith server
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Designed large scale React apps
- Managed a Kubernetes cluster
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation Bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Genuine Friendships
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!