Business Intelligence Lead - Tableau
New York, NY /
Doran Jones is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Platform Engineer to lead multiple teams and to do end to end execution of an Enterprise Compliance Risk Dashboard in Tableau covering data analysis, data reconciliation, data preparation, and dashboard development.
- 10+ years experience developing Operational and Analytical Dashboards.
- 5+ years experience utilizing Tableau to implement complex solutions which access data from multiple sources.
- 3+ years of hands-on MS SQL experience, Data Virtualization, and Dimensional Modeling.
- Familiarity with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience in cross-functional Agile teams, working in partnership with Product ownership and systems analysts to deliver within a SCRUM framework.
- Must have developed enterprise applications for use in production environments.
- Ability to aggregate data from disparate sources, experience with Tableau Prep tool preferred.
- Master of Tableau charting; reusability; leveraging variables and templates, and building / deploying section-access security models.
- Strong knowledge of Tableau server architecture and building robust boarding solutions applying business rules and data validations.
- Use of complex Tableau functions and developing optimal scripts for a given solution.
- Ability to create advanced highlight actions, parameters, filters (Local, Global), and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Proficient in building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Effectively used data blending with multiple data sources and drillable hierarchies.
- Full life-cycle methodology, including change management processes and ensuring changes, are properly tested and migrated to production.
- Willingness and ability to suggest areas of improvement.
- Must have strong consultative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and effectively handle changing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Operational Risk and Global Compliance dashboard implementation for large financial institutions is a plus.
- Tableau Certification.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!