Technical Analyst - Data Lineage
New York, NY /
Product Management /
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals with colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to execute in a cross-functional and collaborative way.
- Review and analyze source code (e.g., Java, SQL) to identify key data elements and provenance within applications.
- Analyze and interpret data using different tools and techniques.
- Develop data dictionary including key data attributes (e.g., Name, Description, Type, Source, Owner, Joins) within applications
- Identify and document data processing (e.g., enrichments, transformations, derivations, aggregations).
- Identify and document data elements passing to downstream applications through to the final data repository supporting reporting.
- Complete Data Lineage documentation tracing key data elements through entire end-to-end flows.
- Working knowledge of SQL, including writing queries.
- Working knowledge of Core Java.
- Worked In the operational, compliance, and/or market risk domains for +5 Years.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Financial Services experience.
- Consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of Regulatory reporting requirements (e.g., CCAR, BCBN239, CECL) or previous data lineage experience.
- Experience with Solidatus or other data mapping tools is a plus.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!