Business Analyst - Data Lineage
New York, NY /
Product Management /
Doran Jones Inc. is looking for an experienced Business Data Analyst to help with the delivery of projects for a multi-national financial services firm. In this role, you will work closely with Product Owners to trace and document data lineage for regulatory reporting requirements. The business domain is the Wholesale Business, including Derivatives, Securities, Finance, Banking, Investment Securities, Cash Trades, and Securitization.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on a broad range of Financial Products to guide the team in performing Data Lineage tracing for Regulatory Reporting for Wholesale Business.
- Reporting regimes include BASEL, CCAR, CECL, IFRS, Risk Capital, and Credit Risk monitoring.
- Products include Derivatives, Securities Finance, Banking, Investment Securities, Cash Trades, and Securitization.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely document data flows across multiple applications. Utilize automated tools as required.
- Elicit, analyze, and validate the needs of stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners.
- Collaborate with other BA team members, technical teams, and business contacts
- Communicate across various organizational levels, both internally and at the client level.
- Communicate key insights and findings to the product team
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provides guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in financial services; experience in traded products, compliance, or market risk is a strong plus.
- Experience in data lineage projects is a strong plus.
- Exceptional analytical, creative, and conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed; excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or an MBA.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!