New York, NY /
Doran Jones is looking for a QA Engineer to help assess software quality through manual and automated testing. The QA Engineer will be responsible for finding and reporting issues and, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Test current products and identify deficiencies.
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems.
- Investigate product quality to make improvements and achieve better Product Owner satisfaction.
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Identify Quality Assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement.
- Oversee continuous improvement projects.
- Collect quality data.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality.
- Write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Collaborate with developers to identify or demonstrate failure points and investigate possible solutions where appropriate.
- Perform confirmation of reported issues as well as manual and automated testing of defects and enhancements, ensuring software functions as desired according to design specifications.
- The focus is on automation 70% and 30 % manual.
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience with various testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, and others.
- 5+ years of experience with Test scripting in one of the languages Java, Python, or VB Script
- Knowledge of HTML, XML.
- 5+ years of experience with software QA tools and processes.
- Experience with test automation tools is essential with a selection from Test Complete, UFT, Flood.io, Cross Browser testing, or BrowserStack.
- Experience in using Postman and ReadyAPI to develop API testing.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!