Data Engineer - Python
New York, NY /
Doran Jones is looking for a Data Engineer to support the build-out of a cloud-enabled data platform for a leading financial services company. This is an exciting opportunity to work on advanced data modeling which will support business intelligence and machine learning efforts.
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Python 3 - focusing on Applications (server) or Analytics, not scripts.
- Experience with database design and implementation: Standard relational database.
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus.
- Active development experience with data pipelines.
- Experience working in cloud environments: AWS, preferred. GCS and/or Azure are a plus.
- AWS tools: S3, Aurora, Neptune.
- Experience with Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, Matplotlib, SQLAlchemy, FastAPI, Memory models & Threads, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Self-starter, ability to manage a small team; supportive of CSR.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Development Operations (DevOps/CICD): Git, Jenkins.
- Clear oral and written communication.
- Experience working in a small/medium size financial institution.
- Understanding of Primary Mortgage market is a plus.
- A solid understanding of demographic data is a plus.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!