Business Analyst/Project Manager
New York, NY /
Product Management /
Doran Jones is looking for a Business Analyst/Project Manager that will focus initially on the accreditation services business, driving the development of superior e-commerce solutions targeting the needs of customers across industries and geographies. This role requires an individual with broad and rounded experience, successful in a matrix leadership setting, and equally confident debating strategies and roadmaps with the business or analyzing process problems or detailed implementation issues with DevOps experts and engineers.
- Build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Foster, enhance, and maintain an open and collaborative team environment
- Partner with Business and Product Designers to ensure that a compelling vision for our service offering is created, socialized, and agreed.
- Help the business identify unmet opportunities, propose new solutions, draft initial specifications
- Research third-party technologies in relevant areas such as Search, Machine Learning, Content Management, E-Commerce.
- Collaborate with the business to agree and complete product implementation roadmaps by identifying key milestones and recommended sequence for implementation
- Organize and drive sprint zero activities and planning ensuring that sufficient project definition and user stories are in place to provide a meaningful multi-sprint roadmap
- Ensure that scrum routines are operating effectively and that the scrum board and any associated plans and documentation are well maintained
- Guide and coordinate project implementation plans with internal teams and third parties
- Work closely with the QA Automation engineer to ensure that appropriate testing is being coordinated and executed prior to release.
- Use JIRA, Confluence, and other tools to manage changes in project scope and schedule
- Report and escalate unresolvable issues, delays, resource constraints, and other blockers or bottlenecks to senior management as needed
- Guide and coordinate project go-live plans with internal teams and third parties
- Experience eliciting and defining system and user requirements through observation, interviews, and analysis.
- Experience interviewing non-technical end-users to determine and document current business process flows
- Experience in translating requirements into Epics and User Stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Experience operating efficiently with Agile/Scrum Methodologies and principles
- Experience with teams building web applications
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM or other CRM solutions is a major plus
- Experience working with Alfresco or other Enterprise Content Management System a major plus
- Understanding of DevOps technologies and frameworks
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, road mapping tools such as Aha!
- Scrum Master Certification a plus
- Development and Scripting experience a plus
- 5+ years experience in Project Leadership and Business Analysis in a corporate environment
- 3+ years experience in e-commerce or other digital platform creation
- 3+ years experience working in a truly Agile environment
- Highly motivated, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, DevOps, and Agile Development Methodologies
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills, with the ability to distill signal from noise
- Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions with data visualization techniques and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Capable of enforcing processes and procedures
- Ability to document issues and remedies/solutions
- Strong desire to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Internally motivated, able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!