Senior Java Developer
Tampa, FL /
Doran Jones Inc. is looking for an experienced Java Developer to participate in projects for a multi-national financial services firm. In this role, you will provide hands-on delivery while learning to lead a development team. The business domain is Operational and Compliance Risk both of which are critical to the organization.
- Gain an understanding of the product domain in a learn-as-you-go approach to produce code that fits the needs of the product owner.
- Work with Product Owner and BAs ensuring you understand what you are being asked to build.
- Work closely with DevOps, Infrastructure, and Shared services teams.
- Ensure production deployments are well communicated and all risks have been reasonably mitigated.
- Responsible for providing rigorous testing standards to ensure the application's current and future stability are not compromised.
- When developing appropriate solutions - choose the path that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable outcomes. Do not over or under engineer a solution.
- Remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise including new technologies that may provide opportunities for the future.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals with QA and other colleagues in the organization.
- Mentor junior staff on standards/design and provide code review as necessary.
- Design, develop and debug database objects as they relate to services code ensuring calls are performant and are in line with best practices for database development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- +5 Years of software development experience in Core Java including multi-threading.
- +3 Years of experience with Spring Boot and Spring Batch.
- 1 Year of experience with microservices architecture.
- 1 Year of experience with NoSQL Databases (Mongo or S3 a plus).
- +3 Years of experience with Relational Databases (MSSql or Oracle a plus).
- 1 Year of experience with Distributed Cache (Redis a plus).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient using IDE Eclipse.
- Experience working with data structures and algorithms.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile Software Development practices and how to leverage these to streamline project execution.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
- Financial Services experience.
- Consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, especially as it relates to improving agile delivery metrics.
- Scrum Master experience.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!