New York, NY /
Product Management /
Doran Jones is looking for an experienced Product Owner to lead development projects for a leading multinational financial services firm. In this role, you will lead the effort to define and communicate requirements to the development team and provide leadership to the project more broadly.
- Develop and present a clear product vision to stakeholders and senior executives.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in delivering applications; liaise between business, business analysts, UI/UX designers, development team, infrastructure team, and testing and support teams.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to execute in a cross-functional and collaborative way.
- Partner with global product and engineering teams.
- Manage stakeholder interactions.
- Ensure cross-team coordination and dependency management.
- Influence without authority.
- Coach teams in Agile (Scrum) best practices and adhere to client PMO governance standards.
- Plan and facilitate the various Scrum meetings (daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective, and planning).
- 5+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional product development teams.
- 5+ years of product management experience; delivering agile projects from concept to production, where the context was financial services or risk management.
- Experience with Jira.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to build relationships and resolve conflict.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- 5+ years of consulting experience.
- 3+ years Scrum Master experience.
- 3+ years of Product Owner experience, gathering and documenting requirements in the Agile format.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, especially as it relates to improving agile delivery metrics.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!