Senior Database Developer/Administrator
New York, NY /
Doran Jones Inc. is looking for an experienced Database developer who also possesses DBA skills to deliver high-performance software leveraging InterSystem’s IRIS Data Platform.
- Work with a team of database professionals who build, maintain, and support a reliable, available, high-thruput database environment for the development organization and production business users.
- Create/Review stored procedures, triggers, cursors, views, and SQL for efficiency and supportability.
- Build/Review ETL processes designed to centralize data for use with visualization tools.
- Design/Extend/Maintain data structures across various databases developing business solutions.
- Learn (or have prior experience with) DBA tasks associated with the InterSystems’ IRIS Data Platform.
- Provide setup, deployment, maintenance, and development leveraging the IRIS Data Platform.
- +5 Years with Relational Databases, PL/SQL, and/or MS-SQL.
- +3 Years experience with NoSQL Databases.
- +3 Years use of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, shell, or other.
- +1 Years use of NodeJS.
- +3 Years experience working as a DBA performing setup, maintenance, and ongoing support of DB environment.
- Experience working with complex enterprise data models across multiple environments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Experience with InterSystem’s IRIS Data Platform.
- Financial Services experience.
- Consulting experience.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!