Lead Business Analyst
Tampa, FL /
Product Management /
Doran Jones Inc. is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help with the delivery of projects for a multi-national financial services firm. In this role, you will work closely with Product Owners defining the scope for development delivery. The business domain is Operational and Compliance Risk, both of which are critical to the organization.
- Be an SME for the Operational Risk and Compliance area.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals with QA and other colleagues in the organization.
- Learn from the development team and gain more experience in the technical realm (data models, complex SQL queries, for example)
- Interact with the customer to analyze their need and find solutions
- Create user stories with relevant acceptance criteria. Review stories with the Product Owner and confirm that they are in line with the business rules.
- Be the point person for all stakeholders (customer, technical team, and PO) to make sure stories are well understood, so everyone is on the 'same page.'
- Groom backlog and perform other maintenance tasks that are standard to the BAs role within an Agile team.
- +7 Years working as an Analyst in a financial organization.
- +7 Years working In the operational, compliance, and/or market risk domains.
- Understanding of Agile Software Development practices and how to leverage these to streamline project execution.
- Knowledge of SQL, including writing queries, leveraging BI Tools and data validation techniques.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, especially as it relates to improving agile delivery metrics.
- Scrum Master experience.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.
Visit Doran Jones to learn more!