New York, NY or Miami, Florida /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons, set out to revolutionize the reservation experience. The process of restaurant discovery, booking, and payments is broken, and we’re here to change that. We’re building frictionless technology that optimizes revenue for restaurants and experiences for members. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply and demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For restaurants, we optimize revenue by providing a reliable customer base, reducing no-shows and cancellations, and unlocking access to actionable diner insights and marketing support. For our members, we remove the hassle & frustration of securing that perfect reservation.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking a Corporate Counsel to provide legal support in a wide range of business initiatives and contractual agreements, including but not limited to commercial negotiations, compliance, intellectual property, product development, fundraising, acquisitions, partnerships, vendor agreements, people operations/employee agreements, data, privacy, risk, and audit.
As our first internal legal hire, this role will report to the CEO, will be based in either NYC or Miami, and will be instrumental in efforts to grow and scale Dorsia’s business. The ideal candidate is highly efficient and detail-oriented, with extensive experience in contract review, drafting, and negotiation, and is knowledgeable in technology/startup environments.
In this role, you will:
- Build Dorsia’s Legal function by designing new legal processes, and implement creative legal solutions in support of our business growth
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of complex commercial and contractual agreements that support and enable our business operations
- Identify and evaluate risks associated with complex legal issues in a fast-paced, technology driven environment; build creative solutions to mitigate risks
- Identify, develop, and communicate various legal processes, playbooks, and workflows
- Partner with external legal counsel on more complex matters when necessary
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate and commercial law, preferably advising technology companies or high-growth startups
- J.D. from a U.S. accredited law school with strong academic credentials; active bar admission
- Demonstrated sound judgment in ambiguous situations and a willingness to seek additional input when needed
- Extensive experience in drafting, negotiating, and managing business agreements
- A solutions-oriented bias toward action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to follow through, excellent organizational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders
- Experience in hospitality technology and/or two sided marketplaces is a plus!
Compensation: $160,000+ (depending on experience) + bonus + meaningful equity
Our Core Values:
Lead with hospitality. We respect the craft and precision that are intrinsic to the hospitality industry. We are a team diverse in background and thought, built to be the connective tissue between artists, chefs, diners, and members.
Mise en place. We are persistent in preparation, prioritization, and focus to anticipate our customers’ needs to create a powerful platform rooted in simplicity and elegance. And we know that details matter, which is why superior design is crucial to our brand ethos. Thoughtful design is baked into everything we do—our product, brand, creative, culture, and beyond.
Go around the table—then commit. We know creativity takes feedback and iteration, and differing opinions can lead to healthy debate. While we encourage all voices to speak up and be heard, we are geared toward action and unify around the decision once it's made. Sometimes an individual idea or project may not be what’s best for the company, so don’t be afraid to kill your darlings.
Our product is our signature dish. We are a product and marketing-led organization. Protecting our brand and vision needs to be top-of-mind with every move we make.
Optimize turn times. We are creating beautifully-designed, tech-forward solutions to automate all sides of our business: for members, restaurants, and employees. And we’re laying a data-rich foundation to enable all stakeholders to make better decisions and enjoy the finer things in life.
Savor it. We eat slowly and celebrate the wins we share with those around the table. We’re in this for the long-haul, so enjoy the ride.
Stay hungry. We can change the world or someone else will. We believe in a sense of urgency to keep pushing toward our goals. And there’s always room for dessert, because there’s always more to do.