New York, New York /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply & demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For our members, we remove the hassle of finding the perfect restaurant for the occasion and the friction & frustration of securing a reservation. For our partner restaurants, we optimize revenue via guaranteed minimum spends, provide a reliable customer base by reducing no-shows & cancellations, and unlock access to actionable diner insights and marketing support.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is looking for our first Senior Accountant to oversee our accounting function. This ideal candidate has accounting experience in a growing tech organization, is a self-starter, and can manage multiple finance and accounting priorities.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare monthly financial statements for internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee General Ledger and Balance Sheet activities
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Assist with General Accounting and the financial statement close
- Perform reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis
- Monitor and review company KPI’s
- Manage Revenue and Expense functions
- Assist with Treasury related activities (i.e. cash flow management)
- Ensure proper US GAAP accounting procedures have been followed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 3 - 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Startup experience preferred but not required
- Strong problem-solving skills and accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite, with especially strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats
- High degree of maturity, diplomacy and professionalism
- Self-starter and independent thinker