Senior Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons, set out to revolutionize the reservation experience. The process of restaurant discovery, booking, and payments is broken, and we’re here to change that. We’re building frictionless technology that optimizes revenue for restaurants and experiences for members. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply and demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For restaurants, we optimize revenue by providing a reliable customer base, reducing no-shows and cancellations, and unlocking access to actionable diner insights and marketing support. For our members, we remove the hassle & frustration of securing that perfect reservation.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking enthusiastic Senior Account Executives to join our brand new sales team. Reporting to the Director, Restaurant Sales, you will target and sell Dorsia’s platform to prospective restaurants.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, results-oriented, highly motivated, and has a passion for the hospitality industry.
In this role, you will:
- Prospect and build relationships with restaurants in the Los Angeles area, manage the sales cycle from initial contact to close
- Become a subject matter expert on Dorsia’s platform, helping restaurants understand the value of joining Dorsia
- Utilize CRM tools to prospect and qualify leads, and to manage all sales activities
- Create opportunities via cold call, email, and social outreach
- Collaborate with sales team to build off existing sales strategy based on updates to the restaurant landscape
- Maintain an organized pipeline and activity records using our CRM
- 3+ years of sales experience, ideally in hospitality technology sales
- Experience conducting outbound prospecting and demonstrated success in negotiating and closing new business
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Ability to tell the brand’s story in a compelling way
- A strong desire to learn, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- A passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
Compensation: $70,000 - $75,000 (depending on experience) + uncapped commission + meaningful equity
Our Core Values:
Lead with hospitality. We respect the craft and precision that are intrinsic to the hospitality industry. We are a team diverse in background and thought, built to be the connective tissue between artists, chefs, diners, and members.
Mise en place. We are persistent in preparation, prioritization, and focus to anticipate our customers’ needs to create a powerful platform rooted in simplicity and elegance. And we know that details matter, which is why superior design is crucial to our brand ethos. Thoughtful design is baked into everything we do—our product, brand, creative, culture, and beyond.
Go around the table—then commit. We know creativity takes feedback and iteration, and differing opinions can lead to healthy debate. While we encourage all voices to speak up and be heard, we are geared toward action and unify around the decision once it's made. Sometimes an individual idea or project may not be what’s best for the company, so don’t be afraid to kill your darlings.
Our product is our signature dish. We are a product and marketing-led organization. Protecting our brand and vision needs to be top-of-mind with every move we make.
Optimize turn times. We are creating beautifully-designed, tech-forward solutions to automate all sides of our business: for members, restaurants, and employees. And we’re laying a data-rich foundation to enable all stakeholders to make better decisions and enjoy the finer things in life.
Savor it. We eat slowly and celebrate the wins we share with those around the table. We’re in this for the long-haul, so enjoy the ride.
Stay hungry. We can change the world or someone else will. We believe in a sense of urgency to keep pushing toward our goals. And there’s always room for dessert, because there’s always more to do.