Director, Investor Relations and Communications
New York, NY or Miami, Florida /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply & demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For our members, we remove the hassle of finding the perfect restaurant for the occasion and the friction & frustration of securing a reservation. For our partner restaurants, we optimize revenue via guaranteed minimum spends, provide a reliable customer base by reducing no-shows & cancellations, and unlock access to actionable diner insights and marketing support.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking an experienced Manager or Director, Investor Relations and Communications. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, you’ll serve as the operational internal and external lead on all communications as our business launches and grows. Occupying a unique space in the private club and restaurant universes, Dorsia needs to communicate frequently with investors, restaurant partners, current and potential club members, and luxury brands. This is an opportunity to define a communications strategy and see it come to life in multiple markets and channels, representing a truly exciting and transformational new company in the world of hospitality and technology.
The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, energized by building from the ground up, loves hospitality, and has deep experience in internal and external communications as well as investor relations.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as key liaison for investors, develop and maintain relationships by communicating Dorsia’s strategy and company updates
- Partner with our co-founders and leadership team to develop a strong investor messaging and communications strategy
- Develop strategies and execute on increasing Dorsia’s investor base
- Create and implement internal and external communications strategies, own the writing, editing, and execution of internal and external statements and media responses
- Manage relationship with our external PR agency partners
- Develop a press and media strategy to promote the founders as appropriate
- Partner with memberships team in ensuring investors receive best-in-class level of hospitality when they are using Dorsia’s platform
- Coordinate and manage investor/board meetings, create board decks, presentations, and other investor-related materials
- 8+ years of experience in investor relations and/or communications-related roles
- A proven track record of designing and executing communications strategies, internal and external
- A network of key press and media contacts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; to present to C-suite and investors
- Highly organized with attention to detail but able to be flexible, nimble, and scrappy
- Positive, optimistic, poised, encouraging attitude with ability to navigate ambiguity
- Passion for storytelling with an ability to develop effective narratives for multiple audiences including investors, members, employees, media, etc.
- Experience in food, hospitality, and consumer technology industries a plus
Salary Range: $100,000 - $160,00 (depending on experience and level) + bonus + meaningful equity