New York, NY or Miami, Florida /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply & demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For our members, we remove the hassle of finding the perfect restaurant for the occasion and the friction & frustration of securing a reservation. For our partner restaurants, we optimize revenue via guaranteed minimum spends, provide a reliable customer base by reducing no-shows & cancellations, and unlock access to actionable diner insights and marketing support.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking an experienced Director, People to lead the charge in building our team as we scale the organization. As the first people operations hire, you will report directly to our co-founder and COO, partner closely with our leadership team to hire and develop our employees, and spearhead the development of all people programs and processes.
The ideal candidate has scaled people programs from the ground up before and understands what it takes to build a world-class candidate and employee experience.
In the role, you will:
- Build and lead the People team function, including recruiting and people operations
- Build a foundational structure for people policies and processes, including but not limited to talent acquisition, career development, role leveling, compensation benchmarking, performance management, and employee relations
- Strategize and develop a comprehensive and competitive suite of employee benefits and compensation programs, ensure Dorsia is continuously competitive against the market
- Strategize with cofounders to develop Dorsia’s core values and ensure they are implemented across hiring practices and the employee experience
- Partner cross-functionally with leadership to build an understanding of their needs and to develop hiring plans
- Develop performance reviews, programs, and policies that support a diverse and inclusive culture
- Build and drive strategy for how we hire, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain employees
- Partner with marketing, recruiting, and cofounders to develop an employer brand strategy
- Design and implement onboarding and offboarding processes
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in people operations, with 4+ years leading a high performing people team at a tech startup
- Experience building and maintaining a distributed culture & working environment
- Extensive experience building and scaling people programs from the ground up, with a deep focus on building a world-class candidate and employee experienceStrong familiarity with HR and recruiting softwares
- A strong understanding of the talent market and recruiting best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced operations environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication, people management, and coaching skills across teams and levels
- Experience in an early-stage startup is a huge plus
Salary Range: $120,000 - $150,000 (depending on experience) + bonus + meaningful equity