Head of Hospitality
New York, NY or Miami, Florida /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply & demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For our members, we remove the hassle of finding the perfect restaurant for the occasion and the friction & frustration of securing a reservation. For our partner restaurants, we optimize revenue via guaranteed minimum spends, provide a reliable customer base by reducing no-shows & cancellations, and unlock access to actionable diner insights and marketing support.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial person to lead our restaurant and member success divisions, with a focus on both high-level strategy and day-to-day execution. You will be instrumental in our path from launch to go-to-market and scale.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the luxury hospitality sector (ideally as a former GM, concierge, or similar role), as our inventory is composed of elite restaurants looking to deliver the best in hospitality, with a clientele who are accustomed to the level of service offered at top-tier establishments and experiences. You must be able to work under pressure at times, creatively problem-solve, and deliver rapid-fire solutions. Leadership experience is a must, as this role will oversee hiring, training and building out a team of direct reports. Experience in a tech-forward environment is strongly preferred.
In this role, you will:
- Meet with restaurant stakeholders to develop an onboarding experience, flow and materials, and oversee the process from genesis to execution, ensuring seamless service and member experience (including how restaurants manage their availability and how guests book reservations and events)
- Build, train, and lead a world-class team of client-facing professionals
- Develop and maintain a familiarity with all restaurants on the Dorsia platform and beyond to best advise members on reservation opportunities
- Spearhead and curate experiential events with our restaurant customers to offer unique, VIP experiences to Dorsia members
- Build and nurture a community of passionate and engaged members
- Maintain positive member relations at all times, anticipating member needs and responding promptly to requests; work in conjunction with internal teams to deliver exceptional member experiences
- Coordinate and provide virtual and in-person customizable training sessions with restaurant partners to ensure confidence with the platformAttend restaurant launches and ensure events are as seamless as possible
- Nurture restaurant/partner relationships post-sale and reinforce the value in our partnership while also fulfilling technical needs
- Collaborate with internal team members to deliver on the needs of restaurant partners
- 8-10 years of real-world experience managing a team / department in the hospitality, restaurant or travel industry
- Strong knowledge of Miami, New York and metropolitan hot-spot local restaurants, hotels, entertainment venues, shows, tours, retail, and beyond
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated nature and demonstrated accountability for the team’s success and progress
- Reputation for handling situations and confidential information with discretion; projecting a positive, professional, and supportive outward image
- Collaborative and hands-on approach that values diverse perspectives
- Proven track record in managing deliverables across highly cross-functional departments including marketing, operations, finance, legal, and product/engineering
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, communications, marketing or related field
Salary Range: $120,000 - $150,00 (depending on experience) + bonus + meaningful equity