Head of Finance
New York, NY or Miami, Florida /
Dorsia is a membership platform in New York City, Miami, and the Hamptons, set out to revolutionize the reservation experience. The process of restaurant discovery, booking, and payments is broken, and we’re here to change that. We’re building frictionless technology that optimizes revenue for restaurants and experiences for members. Unlike existing dining reservation systems, Dorsia leverages a unique supply and demand pricing model to offer hard-to-book reservations for a guaranteed minimum spend. For restaurants, we optimize revenue by providing a reliable customer base, reducing no-shows and cancellations, and unlocking access to actionable diner insights and marketing support. For our members, we remove the hassle & frustration of securing that perfect reservation.
Dorsia’s founding executive team and investors bring a wide range of deep expertise across the hospitality, technology, finance and media industries, providing Dorsia with a unique edge in building a new kind of restaurant tech brand. The founding team includes Marc Lotenberg (CEO; Founder & CEO of Surface Media), Mike Greene (COO; formerly Resy, Amex, Avero), Joshua Stern (VP; founder of Wine & Dine and I Know the Chef), and Jared Morgenstern, (investor, COO Raya and 3rd Designer at Facebook).
Dorsia is seeking a Head of Finance to report to the CEO. As our first finance hire and a member of our executive leadership team, you will build out our finance function from the ground up, and will play a key role in growing our business as we revolutionize reservations via frictionless technology that optimizes revenue for restaurants and experiences for members.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and entrepreneurial leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about hospitality.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and own all aspects of Dorsia’s financial planning, forecasting, accounting, strategic finance, and reporting
- Generate financial models and forecasts; monitor financial performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Drive growth initiatives cross functionally, and advise leadership on pursuing new business and revenue opportunities
- Partner with executive leadership on all fundraising initiatives and due diligence processes; drive the investor relations function
- Prepare financial reporting for board meetings and investor decks
- Own HR, compliance, and legal projects and teams
- Lead IT resources, programs, and workstreams
- Develop financial best practices and standard procedures, and effectively communicate these practices to business stakeholders
- Collaborate with team leaders to strategize and define team budgets, hiring plans, and other key performance indicators
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience as a financial leader working in or alongside high-growth, fast-paced tech companies, ideally leading finance initiatives from early stage to growth stage
- 5+ years of people leadership experience across finance, legal, and HR
- Experience building and scaling financial and accounting operations, with a focus on process optimization and automation
- Exceptional Excel/financial modeling skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability and willingness to execute and build from the ground up, with a “no task too small” mindset
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate messages across the company and to our board/investors
- Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Background in venture capital, investment banking, private equity and early stage startup experience is a must; experience in dynamic pricing is a huge plus
- CPA required
- Experience in marketplaces, consumer, and/or hospitality tech is a plus!
Compensation: Competitive base salary (depending on experience) + bonus + meaningful equity
Our Core Values:
Lead with hospitality. We respect the craft and precision that are intrinsic to the hospitality industry. We are a team diverse in background and thought, built to be the connective tissue between artists, chefs, diners, and members.
Mise en place. We are persistent in preparation, prioritization, and focus to anticipate our customers’ needs to create a powerful platform rooted in simplicity and elegance. And we know that details matter, which is why superior design is crucial to our brand ethos. Thoughtful design is baked into everything we do—our product, brand, creative, culture, and beyond.
Go around the table—then commit. We know creativity takes feedback and iteration, and differing opinions can lead to healthy debate. While we encourage all voices to speak up and be heard, we are geared toward action and unify around the decision once it's made. Sometimes an individual idea or project may not be what’s best for the company, so don’t be afraid to kill your darlings.
Our product is our signature dish. We are a product and marketing-led organization. Protecting our brand and vision needs to be top-of-mind with every move we make.
Optimize turn times. We are creating beautifully-designed, tech-forward solutions to automate all sides of our business: for members, restaurants, and employees. And we’re laying a data-rich foundation to enable all stakeholders to make better decisions and enjoy the finer things in life.
Savor it. We eat slowly and celebrate the wins we share with those around the table. We’re in this for the long-haul, so enjoy the ride.
Stay hungry. We can change the world or someone else will. We believe in a sense of urgency to keep pushing toward our goals. And there’s always room for dessert, because there’s always more to do.