Senior Data Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering /
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer with a strong experience and passion for building robust scalable infrastructures and discovering hidden patterns that can be leveraged to drive the micro-mobility business forward.
What you'll do
- Define, build and maintain business intelligence stack
- Enable data-driven decision making through interactive dashboards and self-service analytics tools
- Build a deep understanding of the way people move through cities and create the systems that will help them move faster
- Create data models for the analysis of a high-volume of product AB-tests
- Mine and analyze data to find opportunities for development, product and process optimization
- Support in creating and maintaining data pipelines on GCP
- Work closely with business, product and engineering and strengthen data-driven thinking in the culture
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of data engineering
- Experience constructing ETL processes, both in batch and realtime
- Expert in Python and SQL
- Experience with creating data modelling and managing data warehouses
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques is a big plus
- Experience with Airflow is a big plus
- Experience working with the google cloud platform and BigQuery is a big plus
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.