Technology – Software Engineering
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Milan & soon launching in other European cities.
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be leading a team of talented software developers that create elegant architecture, clean testable code and a delightful user experience. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that the software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
What you'll do
- We are looking for an experienced Technology Leader who has built and led world class technical teams.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the engineers and other stakeholders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Set goals and directions for teams and team members, based on Objectives & Key results, tracks progress against them.
- Have 1-1’s with direct reports (Ops development team) and have regular check-ins with all team members;
What you'll need
- Strong technical background.
- Expertise in design, building and operating distributed systems that can sustain rapid growth
- Technical leadership, experience in high performing, agile teams.
- Experience in building and growing an engineering team.
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team and across the broader organization.
What we offer
A competitive employee stock option plan in addition to your salary.
A collaborative, energetic, and international team from 27+ different nationalities.
Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.