Operations Manager, West Midlands
West Midlands /
Operations – City Operations - United Kingdom /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is, to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Last year we raised an initial investment of €50 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors. Having recently won the Paris tender, we are becoming one of the big players in Europe.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 13 cities across, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial operations manager to build the operational footprint for dott in West Midlands, U.K. The Operations Manager will report to the Country General Manager and will work with City Marketing Managers and with Central Operations team.
What you'll do
- Set up operations from scratch in new cities across the UK;
- Write the playbook on standard operation procedures in all new cities;
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, patrollers and drivers);
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat;
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city;
- Take full ownership of your markets P&L;
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise the time scooters are available to users / number of trips;
- Build a service that is liked by users and non-users alike;
- Represent the company at local and regional events;
- Work with and manage city stakeholders;
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets.
What you'll need
- 4+ years of experience in logistics, operations management or consulting. Start-up experience is a plus!
- Willing to travel.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshalls and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills required. SQL proficiency is a big plus.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (“Protected Characteristics”).