Backend Engineer, Node.js
Technology – Software Engineering /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our new cross-functional Vehicle Embedded Firmware, Integration and Communication team.
You will be responsible for the backend components that relate to the backend integration of vehicle embedded systems.This involves the design, development, testing, roll-out, monitoring and maintenance of Google Cloud services that handle incoming and outgoing communications with the vehicles in Dott’s fleet. These services must be designed to leverage the capabilities of the vehicles, provide high fleet availability and to be scalable, robust & cost effective.
The team follows the Scrum methodology and consists of backend engineers, embedded engineers, tester(s), a project manager and an engineering manager.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating alongside Embedded Engineers playing a crucial role on the technical side of our fleet management system within the cloud
- Work closely with all consumers within Dott: our Rider team working on end-user facing projects, our Ops team working on exciting in-house operation projects and our Data team crunching the data for the better
- Build and maintain our services responsible for communicating with thousands of vehicles
- Make sure that our vehicle services are scalable with the growth of our business and fleer
- Work in a very collaborative environment learning from other very skilled engineers
- Take responsibility in on-call duties and work on extensive monitoring and alerting projects directly supporting the health of our business
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of development experience
- Hands-on development skills and always eager to create clean, maintainable and reusable product-quality code;
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and TypeScript
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Experience with Google Cloud PlatformHigh execution mindset while balancing the risk vs costs
- Proven experience in delivering production ready applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Excellent English language and communication skills
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.