Operations & Fleet Management Specialist, France
Operations – City Operations
We are a newly founded startup which just raised 20M€ to build the leading European player in micro-mobility. Our vision is to reduce use of cars in cities by offering convenient solutions for short-distance trips such as free-floating e-scooters or ebikes. We believe in acting local in each city, building tight collaboration with municipalities. dott is headquartered in Amsterdam.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial operations coordinator to develop operations team for dott in France, Paris. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate a logistic team.
What you’ll do:
- Build your own operations team from scratch by recruiting, training and motivating team members.
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of field technicians (for scooters reparation), patrollers (in charge of scooters use optimisation inside the city) and/or drivers.
- Organise scheduling, attendance, and general administration of your operations team.
- Maximise efficiency of fleet management & logistics by ensuring deployment, pickup and costs of dott scooters are optimised.
- Organise and manage the flow of the workplace and optimise day-to-day activities in the warehouse.
- Overseeing operations in the warehouse from facilities and vehicle upkeep to workplace safety.
- Have an overview of the inventory and logistics.
- Maintain accurate communication with external stakeholders and carry out final decision making processes.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in retail, logistics, transportation, operations management or consulting.
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
- Be able to justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshalls and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills a big plus.
- Native French with good knowledge of English.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.