Product Manager - Operations
Technology – Product
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with a track record of creating highly engaging products with a great attention to detail. As part of a strong and diverse team, you’ll work on improving the customer experience of the tools our internal employees (Operators) use in different markets across Europe.
You’ll be responsible for creating and improving products that make the work of our Operators simpler, faster and more enjoyable. The products you create will have a big impact on how we run our operations and ultimately will have big impact on our unit economics in cities. This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Manager that has experience on the operations side and is looking to join an early stage company and contribute to the growth of a fast-growing consumer brand.
- Talk to the internal employees using your products.
- Define a product strategy and roadmap that increases the customer experience of the tools you create for the Operators, resulting in improved metrics and employee happiness.
- Be part of a team of top notch engineers and designers to ship high quality product that brings your vision to life.
- Turn your roadmap into a backlog for the Operators team and prioritize it based on the product strategy, quarterly goals, and user insights.
- Setup and own a growth model for the Operators tools that allows you to set goals, metrics and KPI’s to work towards.
- Run A/B tests to measure the effectiveness of improvements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align, iterate and execute upon your roadmap.
- Liaise with our local city operations and marketing teams to adapt the customer experience to local user needs, market development and regulations.
- Facilitate day-to-day activities of the team, e.g backlog refinements.
- Build up first hand experience in a high-paced ship-it environment that gets the stuff you work on in front of millions of users.
- Contribute to our overall product strategy.
What you'll need
- We’re looking for experienced Product Managers with a strong empathy for users. You’re passionate about creating a seamless experience by connecting the digital and physical world and know what it’s like to to turn complex problems into elegant solutions that wow users.
- You’ve been at the intersection of UX, engineering and business before and understand the balance between the three.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience, preferably in early-stage or growth stage mobile startups.
- Background in operations, preferably in mobility.
- Data drive: you know your way around data and use it to drive strategic decisions for the product you are working on. SQL competency is a plus.
- Technical skills: you understand technical challenges and limitations, know how to work with engineers and are able to inform them and evaluate their decisions.
- User first mindset - you’re the voice of the user and you’re passionate about constantly improving their experience.
- Roll up your sleeves, put your hand in the dirt-type of attitude.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. You will be empowered to make decisions and made accountable for the results.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You'll be part of a diverse team, working together with people spread out over multiple cities.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A Multidisciplinary mindset. Our teams are adjusted to the needs and goals of both our users and the company. Expect not only to work closely with other developers and designers but also with marketers, support agents, etc.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.