Operations & Fleet Management Specialist, United Kingdom
Operations – City Operations
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial operations coordinator to develop operations team for dott in UK, London. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate a logistic team.
What you'll do
- Build your own operations team from scratch by recruiting, training and motivating team members.
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of field technicians (for scooters reparation), patrollers (in charge of scooters use optimisation inside the city) and/or drivers.
- Organise scheduling, attendance, and general administration of your operations team.
- Maximise efficiency of fleet management & logistics by ensuring deployment, pickup and costs of dott scooters are optimised.
- Organise and manage the flow of the workplace and optimise day-to-day activities in the warehouse.
- Overseeing operations in the warehouse from facilities and vehicle upkeep to workplace safety.
- Have an overview of the inventory and logistics.
- Maintain accurate communication with external stakeholders and carry out final decision making processes.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business.
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in retail, logistics, transportation, operations management or consulting.
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
- Be able to justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshalls and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills a big plus.
- Native English speaker.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.