Fleet Operations Manager, London
Operations – City Operations - United Kingdom /
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial operations coordinator to develop operations team for Dott in UK. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. You will report directly to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate the fleet team.
What you'll do
- Build and coordinate our logistics team from scratch by recruiting and training teams;
- Lead a large and diverse team of drivers and e-bike riders;
- Manage scooter fleet and ensure core KPIs are hit as you are responsible for key parts of the P&L;
- Analyse scooter usage and demand patterns, optimise logistics cost;
- Continuous improvement of our fleet strategy, conduct A/B testing of deployment zones and points;
- Be the first point of contact for city officials and emergency forces;
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business.
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in start-up, retail, operations management or consulting;
- Fluent in English;
- Degree in business, natural sciences or similar studies;
- Be able to justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results;
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground;
- Strong analytical skills. You enjoy solving complex problems concerning scooter utilization and efficiency
- Entrepreneurship mentality;
- Make decisions, learn from your experience and repeat;
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.