Product Operations Manager - Payments
Technology – Product
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We are looking for a highly passionate Product Manager with a track record of creating highly engaging products with great attention to detail.
What you'll do:
- You are the subject matter expert in the payment operations area and serve as a liaison across all internal stakeholders to drive your roadmap.
- Manage day-to-day operations of payment performance and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve existing processes and highlight key issues impacting payment performance and user experience.
- Review and escalate incidents, in priority order, by partnering with engineering and customer support organisations.
- Provide input and recommend payment resolutions to solve issues and minimise recurrence.
- Own, troubleshoot, and resolve payment issues from beginning to end, working with engineering and external partners
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to optimise payment and fraud flows to increase revenue and manage costs
- Establish strong relationships with key payment partners to drive needed improvements
- Run A/B tests to measure the effectiveness of improvements
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in Payment Operations or Finance Operations, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems, operational challenges, and strategic questions.
- A passion and natural curiosity for solving problems.
- History of effectively working with internal teams to build new capability and implement projects.
- Ability to spot patterns, solve problems, and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneouslyShow independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and cross-functional team influence.
- Experience with SQL is a plus
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.