Head of Product | Operations
Technology – Product
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Management Lead with a track record of creating highly engaging products and a great attention to detail. As part of a strong and diverse team, you’ll lead the Product and Engineering team that creates all the technology that enables our logistics and operations in the streets.
This is a big endeavor. We aim to operate our warehouse, supply chain and operations in the streets like the best of the best in this world. Think about these giants how have changed entire industries. This is your opportunity to build the experiences for our teams and our partners which will make running our business simpler, faster, more efficient and more enjoyable. The products you will create will have a big impact on our company, it will drive efficiency and unit economics, enabling us to provide game changing experiences for end users. This is an excellent opportunity for a Product lead to build the foundation, set a strategy and execute with a highly motivated team.
What you'll do
- Define a product strategy and roadmap that increases the user experience for all our team members and the overall efficiency of our Operations. Employee happiness and Improved metrics.
- Lead a team of top notch engineers and designers to ship high quality product that brings your vision to life.
- Lead product strategy, quarterly goals, user insights, roadmap and prioritization
- Setup and own a growth model for the Operators tools that allows you to set goals, metrics and KPI’s to work towards.
- Liaise with our local city operations and marketing teams to adapt the customer experience to local user needs, market development and regulations.
- Facilitate day-to-day activities of the team, e.g backlog refinements.
- Build up first hand experience in a high-paced ship-it environment that gets the stuff you work on in front of millions of users.
What you'll need
- Proven track record of shipping complex products. Experience with logistics, supply chain, and operations is not required, but it’s a big plus. Experience with product and services with high frequency rate of transaction is a plus.
- Proven track record of bringing together a cross-functional team of Product managers, designers, engineers and business stakeholders around a common vision, a strategy and day to day execution.
- Strong empathy for users. Passion about seamless experiences connecting the digital and physical worlds.
- You’ve been at the intersection of UX, engineering and business before and understand the balance between the three.
- Minimum of 10 years of Product Management experience, preferably in early-stage or growth stage mobile startups.
- Data driven: you know your way around data and use it to drive strategic decisions for the product you are working on. SQL competency is a plus.
- Technical skills: you understand technical challenges and limitations, know how to work with engineers and are able to inform them and evaluate their decisions.
- User first mindset - you’re the voice of the user and you’re passionate about constantly improving their experience.
- Roll up your sleeves, put your hand in the dirt -type of attitude.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. You will be empowered to make decisions and made accountable for the results.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You'll be part of a diverse team, working together with people spread out over multiple cities.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A Multidisciplinary mindset. Our teams are adjusted to the needs and goals of both our users and the company. Expect not only to work closely with other developers and designers but also with marketers, support agents, etc.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation plan.
- An opportunity to participate in our employee stock option plan.
- A collaborative, energetic, and international team.
- Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.
If you are excited to grow the Dott brand while also contributing to the culture of a collaborative and multidisciplinary design team, we’d love to meet you!