Project Manager, Hardware
Hardware – Bike + Scooter /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
We are looking for a new Project manager hardware to join Dott. In this role you will be managing various engineering projects including our e-bike from concept through production. Key for Dott is operating sustainable, long lasting and repairable forms of transportation, as part of the hardware team you will be responsible for making the best physical product to build this operation. The Project manager will be based in Amsterdam and report to the lead Project manager hardware.
What you'll do
- Work closely with (remote) production partners to realise and finalise designs, prepare for production and improve existing products.
- Manage the development and production process of our e-bike and next generation personal mobility.
- Push to meet delivery dates as promised to the business. This will involve working closely with the engineering teams as well as external partners and vendors
- Build on partnerships with international suppliers and drive negotiations for component sourcing.
- Connect with and motivate different engineering teams to push for innovation.
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years specialising in Project Management in a similar field
- Understanding of manufacturing and development processes.
- You will thrive in a challenging environment driving development projects
- An unstoppable curiosity and passion for researching new technology and opportunities for our future fleet.
- A creative mindset, strong problem solving skills, and an eye for detail.
- A proactive, energetic personality with the ability to prioritise & multi-task autonomously.
- Strong time management, communication & documentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a positive team-mindset.
- Technical writing and fluency in English.
- Familiarity with project management tools like JIRA and Gantt
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.