Operations Specialist, Italy
Operations – City Operations
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Operations Specialist to develop operations team for dott in Italy, specifically for cities such as: Rome, Pesaro, Verona, Trieste, Padua, Parma, Naples, Palermo, Catania. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. The Operations Specialist will report to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate the whole logistic team.
What you’ll do:
- Build and staff the operations and/or mechanic team, from defining hiring needs, executing on those needs, and training new team members.
- Manage scheduling, attendance, and general administration of our operations team.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Wear many different hats. This role will have ownership over areas including managing a large and diverse team of field technicians and/or mechanics, overseeing our operations in the field or the warehouse, facilities and vehicle upkeep, workplace safety, parts inventory, charging infrastructure, process creation, project management, etc.
What you’ll need:
- Fluent in English & Italian
- 2+ years of experience in retail, logistics, operations management or consulting.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshals and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills a big plus.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.