Head of Tender Management
Operations – Central Operations
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for a Head of Tenders who’ll work with municipalities around Europe in the tendering processes for micro mobility providers. This role will manage the entire process from creating a pipeline of cities, establishing relations with the right municipalities and participation in the tendering process. As many cities do not have established tender frameworks yet, there will be a need to co-develop regulatory frameworks that will ensure environmental and societal sustainability of the industry as well as even competition between players.
This role will also help our Product Team, General Managers and Leadership with understanding the needs of municipalities so that we can serve them better. Key markets for this role will be Spain, Germany, Italy and the Nordics. This role will report directly to Head of Operations with strong relations with top management of the company.
What you’ll do:
- Create a pipeline of cities that Dott should operate in
- Create a framework to prioritise our expansion efforts
- Monitor new tenders or regulations around Europe
- Lead Dott’s applications and bids in tenders across Europe
- Directly engage policymakers and their staffs to educate them about Dott's business model and vision
- Share best practices and best in-class examples of regulations with cities that don’t have regulatory frameworks for micro mobility
- Prepare support materials in cooperation with local teams
What do you need:
- 4+ years of experience in working with municipalities
- Demonstrated success in bids for municipal contracts in the EU
- Experience in transportation / mobility sector is a big plus
- Intellectual firepower to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like dott can help improve transportation for everyone
- Ability to function at the friction point between a fast moving startup culture and the more conservative public sector
- Brilliant communication and stakeholder management skills - you’ll be sharing Dott’s vision with the outside world as well as translate the needs of municipalities into product or process requests for internal teams.
- Fully proficient in English. German, Italian or Spanish fluency is a plus.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.