Senior Data Scientist
Technology – Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
At Dott, we believe data should be at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for someone who embodies that philosophy and who is capable of driving data-centricity throughout the whole company organization. You will take ownership of driving complex data science projects aimed at optimizing operations and improving the user experience. As the first hire in this position, you will be trusted to define the direction and vision of data science to drive the business forward. You will work with operations, product, i.o.t. and engineering on highly technical and challenging projects that touch the real and the virtual world.
What you'll do:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Define the long-term technical vision for our data science function
- Build and deploy models to optimise scooter utilization through geographical re-distribution and deployment
- Create customer lifecycle models and design and execute experiments to increase engagement
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue streams and operational efficiency
What you'll need:
- Phd or Post-Master in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years experience working with data, of which at least 3 in a data scientist position
- Experience working in dynamic high growth environment
- Fluent in statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- You have experience working with geospatial data
- You’re a team player and know how to motivate others to produce their best work.
- You’re a creative thinker and problem solver, seeing opportunity where others do not.