Hardware – Quality
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our team!
What you’ll do:
- Mechanical Design of e-scooters and e-bikes
- Lead the industrialisation process of the designs
- Manage and update CAD designs from external parties
- Assist project managers on engineering decisions
- Advise production partners on materials and production techniques
- Generate BOM’s and assist supply chain with parts administration
- Manage the transition from outsourced to in-house CAD designs
- Version control and administration of CAD designs
- Point of contact for CAD related questions
- Provide design updates and feedback to suppliers
What you’ll need:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Proven experience with designing for manufacturing
- Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of CAD software including surface modelling
- Proficiency in English
- A creative mindset and an eye for detail
- Strong problem solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong organisation and documentation skills
- To be able to work with other team members and departments
- To set timelines and assist with engineering decisions Enjoys getting hands-on in a workshop
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Experience with product lifecycle management
- Showcasing extracurricular projects and/or hobbies (e.g. engineering student teams, garage projects, etc.)
- Affinity for bikes, scooters, electric vehicles, and micro-mobility
- Able to tackle open design and engineering projects
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.