Hardware – Bike + Scooter /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is, to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Last year we raised an initial investment of €50 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors. Having recently won the Paris tender, we are becoming one of the big players in Europe.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 13 cities across, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland.
We’re looking for an HQ-based mechanical engineer that will design, source and implement best mechanical & structural solutions for our e-bikes and e-scooters. Your goals will be to outperform the market, in particular maximising vehicle’s durability, cost of operations, user experience and autonomy. will be some of the key goals.
What you’ll do:
- Join a skilled and motivated team always raising the bar to deliver fully tailored vehicles for our users
- Know about all the latest tech developments in the industry
- Source best suppliers - worldwide - for our e-scooter and e-bike needs (frame, brakes, chain, metal & plastic elements)
- Explore and find the best possible solutions for our vehicles to increase vehicle’s durability, user experience and aesthetics according to brand identity & design inputs
- Validate specs and implement best solutions for all mechanical and structural parts of our new vehicle designs (frame, brakes, chain, all plastic & metal elements, ..)
- Negotiate terms with suppliers (prices, quality, supply, …)
- Manage development from the technical aspects of all moulds (die-cast, injection, extrusion, …)
- Drive innovation in the sharing sector through early, robust adoption of new technologies/designs.
- Designing parts and vehicles using Solidworks
What you’ll need:
- Experience in mechanical engineering
- Hands-on mentality.
- Make decisions, move fast, learn and correct.
- Experience in mobility (ebikes, e-cars, e-vespas, etc) is a plus
- Able to plan your work with internal and external teams and partners
- Proficient in english. Mandarin is a plus.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.