Hardware – Scooter
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an HQ-based electrical engineer that will design, source and implement best electrical & electronics solutions for our ebikes and escooters. Your goals will be to outperform the market, in particular maximising durability, user experience and autonomy.
What you’ll do:
- Know about all the latest tech developments in the industry (batteries, electrical motors, controllers, …)
- Source best suppliers - worldwide - for our escooter and ebike needs
- Find best solutions for our vehicles to reduce recharging operational costs, increase vehicle’s durability and user experience
- Validate specs and implement best solutions for all electrical parts of our new vehicle designs (cabling, battery, motor, controller, …)
- Negotiate terms with suppliers (prices, quality, supply, …)
- Create overall value for users and the business by building best hardware product on the market
- Drive technological advancement in all products.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years of experience in electrical engineering in mobility. Experience in automotive industry, ebike or escooters is a plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, move fast, learn and correct.Strong negotiation and vendor management skills, experience dealing with global suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in english. Mandarin is a plus.