Public Policy Manager
Marketing & Communications – Public Policy
We are Dott.
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
About the role.
We’re looking for a Public Policy Manager to keep building our external relationships with key stakeholders: municipalities, national or EU institutions, partners, mobility ecosystem... A voice for our Dott’s responsible and sustainable approach! The Public Policy Manager will report to the Central Head of Marketing & Comms and will work closely with Local General Managers in our existing cities (Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Milan for now. Germany, UK and NL in the future). The position will be located in Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam.
What you'll do
- Overall, be the voice and owner for all Public Policy initiatives
- Working hand in hand with Central and Local teams for creating best-in-class relationships and contents with key stakeholders
- Define the Public policy strategy for Dott at central and local level
- Define and produce contents to support this strategyPP materials, white papers, ...Surveys, specific contents
- Build relationships and networks at every levels
- Municipality, District area, National, EU
- Help local General Managers to plan PP
- Gather insights and nourish other teams (Marketing, Product, Ops)
What you'll need
- 8 years of experience in public policy management.
- Experience in a municipality and in public sector is a plus :)
- Fluent writing and speaking skills in English and French with additional languages as a plus!
- Strong knowledge of the political system in our key markets.
- Love our European cities and the people in it.
- Brand-builder. Be the brand voice towards external communities!
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills and strong network connections in the PP sphere.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.