Supplier Quality Engineer
Hardware – Quality /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the improvement and the optimisation of the assembly and manufacturing process for the products. You will decide the best possible montage flow and will take care of the assembly regulations, control plans, check lists and tooling within the current and new processes. You will constantly analyse and improve these processes together with different departments of the organisation.
What you'll do:
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flows, space requirements, and equipment layout together with production partners / EMS’s.
- Attending technical discussions with the Engineering teams/Product Quality to provide direct feedback on DFM.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Work closely with manufacturer’s supply chain team to forecast and plan effectively all materials required for production
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes. Implementation of PPAP procedure to support.
- RCA open concerns with suppliers and implement corrective actions
- Perform new supplier audits
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepares product and process reports together with the quality team by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends
What you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in a supplier quality role (hardware) or similar
- Mechanical/Electrical/Automotive/Aerospace/Manufacturing Engineering Degree qualified
- Fluent in Portuguese + excellent oral and written communication in English with a hands-on attitude
- Strong vendor management skills
- Critical thinker, Problem Solving expert
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Strong autonomous worker
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.