Technology – Data
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
At Dott, we believe data should be at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for someone who embodies that philosophy and who is capable of driving data-centricity throughout the whole organization. You will take ownership of driving complex data science projects aimed at optimizing operations and improving the user experience. You will work with operations, product, i.o.t. and engineering on highly technical and challenging projects that touch the real and the virtual world.
What you'll do:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Define the long-term technical vision for our data science function
- Build and deploy models to optimise scooter utilization through geographical re-distribution and deployment
- Create customer lifecycle models and design and execute experiments to increase engagement
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue streams and operational efficiency
What you'll need:
- Phd or Masters in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years experience working with data, of which at least 3 in a data scientist position
- You have experience working in dynamic high growth environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Fluent in statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- You’re a team player and know how to motivate others to produce their best work.
- You’re a creative thinker and problem solver, seeing opportunity where others do not.
- Experience working with geospatial data is a big plus
- Experience with AB-testing is a big plus
- Experience with real-time streaming infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with neural nets is a big plus
- Experience with reinforcement learning is a plus
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.